About David COTTON
David Cotton has over 25 years of experience in project and construction management. Mr. Cotton's construction management experience spans a broad spectrum of industries, project types, and location. Mr. Cotton has served on projects involving infrastructure, manufacturing, commercial buildings, highways, petrochemical facilities and pipelines, power plants, and marine facilities. Mr. Cotton has served as an expert witness in court and arbitration on a broad range of construction management topics.
Mr. Cotton manages and performs detailed construction claims, evaluations, impact analyses, evaluations of productivity loss, schedule performance and critical path delay analysis, cost estimating, and quantification of damages on a wide range of projects. He has successfully assisted clients on over 350 large scale, complex domestic and international construction-related disputes, in multiple countries around the world fromCanada to Bolivia and from Equatorial Guinea to Japan.
Mr.Cotton is a trained and experienced mediator and uses skillsand experience in the negotiation and resolution of complexclient disputes. Mr. Cotton holds a Bachelor of Science inCivil Engineering from Texas A&M University.
15+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 25+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
David COTTON is a Senior Consultant at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2003. Prior to his current position, Mr. COTTON was a Senior Consultant at Synergen Consulting International which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. COTTON was previously employed at Interface Consulting International, LLC, SLT North America, Adams Consulting Engineers, and RPR Construction.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Environmental Engineering – Texas A&M University – 1994
- Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International (AACEI) – Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Member
- ASCE Construction Institute – Member
- State Bar of Texas – Construction Law Section – Member
- University of Houston Law Center’s 40-hour Basic Mediation Training – Trained Mediator – 2003, Houston, Texas
- Construction Institute – Secretary of the Claim Avoidance and Resolution Committee – 2003-2008
Testimony Forums & Venues
- State Courts
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Dispute Resolution
- Project Advisory
- Expert Witness Testimony
- International Arbitration
- Preparation & Evaluation of Claims
- Construction & Project Management
- Risk Analysis
- Project Controls
- Scheduling / Critical Path / Delay Analysis
- Acceleration / Disruption Analysis
- Productivity Analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Change Management
- Engineering / Procurement / Construction
- Damages Calculation
- Construction Practices & Safety
- Technical Report Writing