About Joelle NELSON
Ms. Nelson is forensic engineer with over 15 years of structural engineering experience. Her diverse experience includes the design, renovation, construction, and forensic investigation of structures of varying types, ages, and materials, including long-span, high-rise, historic, and temporary structures.
She has experience in the investigation of major structural collapses and has provided litigation and insurance claim support for projects of varying size and type. She has expertise in wind-related failures and crane collapses. She serves on code committees for both wind loading and loads on structures during construction.
In her role at SOCOTEC Engineering, Inc. Ms. Nelson provides full-scale investigation services for structures and heavy machinery. She works with a multidisciplinary team of engineers and metallurgists, with capabilities in material testing and advanced finite element and computational fluid dynamic modeling.
1 Year with Firm | 15+ Years in Industry
Joelle NELSON is a Director at SOCOTEC and has been with the organization since 2022. Ms. NELSON was previously employed at Thornton Tomasetti.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering –Columbia University –2005
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering –Columbia University –2004
- Professional Engineer in: FL, NY
- OSHA 30 Certification
- ASCE 37-24 Design Loads on Structures during Construction Standards Committee (Associate Member)
- ASCE 7-22 Subcommittee on Wind Loads (Associate Member)
- ASCE 7-16 Subcommittee on Wind Loads (Associate Member)
- Root Cause Evaluation
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Engineering Design Consulting