About Philip FETTERMAN
Mr. Fetterman is a Managing Director at SOCOTEC, in Atlanta, Georgia. He has over sixteen years of experience in civil & structural engineering design, construction management, program managements, and project consulting. He has been retained to provide consulting services for large-scale construction involving infrastructure, heavy civil, environmental, institutional, industrial, wastewater, water supply, solar, wind, and hydropower.
He has extensive experience in schedule analysis, evaluation of project delay, quantification of damages, analysis of resource productivity and assistance with dispute resolution, as well as experience in construction management.
10+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 15+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
Philip FETTERMAN is a Managing Director at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2010. Prior to his current position, Mr. FETTERMAN was a Director at C2G International, LLC which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. FETTERMAN was previously employed at A.R. Biddle & Associates, Inc., Hazen & Sawyer, and Deakin Walton PLC.
- Master of Engineering with Honors, Civil Engineering - University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Mr. Fetterman began his career in 2006, at a civil and structural engineering firm in England. He was responsible for the design of concrete, timber, structural steel, soil nailing, retaining walls, sewer systems, and masonry. Notable projects include the structural design of a new hospital wing and the redevelopment of mill buildings into a residential complex.
- After relocating to New York, he began working as a construction manager on-site at the NYCDEP Newtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, one of the largest of its kind in the nation. His duties included oversight of scheduling, review of project baselines and schedule updates, preparation of delay analyses, and preparation of various monthly progress reports. He was involved in several projects at the site ranging from $140m to $950m.
- While working on NYCDEP projects at Newtown Creek & Gowanus Canal, Mr. Fetterman was hired by A R Biddle & Associates to join a small team overseeing project performance and scheduling for all NYCDEP capital projects, totaling $10 billion in construction. His responsibilities included a review of CM and contractor performance, development of standard operating procedures, analysis of delays, negotiation of time extensions, review of bid documents, and preparation of contract specifications. He developed and taught a full-day training course to all DEP project managers and CM staff assigned to NYCDEP construction projects.
- After joining A R Biddle & Associates in 2010, Mr. Fetterman provided expert construction management consulting and dispute resolution services on numerous projects throughout multiple sectors. Typical services include analysis of delays, quantification of damages, negotiation of change orders, analysis of productivity, CPM scheduling, evaluation of project practices, and preparation of presentations for dispute resolution.
- In July 2016, A R Biddle & Associates was acquired by C2G International, Inc., a SOCOTEC Company where Mr. Fetterman joined as a Senior Manager.