Experts Webinar NYC 2022 Building Code
Wed 03/16/2022 - 18:22
New York City 2022 Building Code: What's changing?
A focus on combustible materials.
Thursday, March 31, 2022 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
Credits: 1 AIA LU
On October 7, 2021, The NYC Department of Buildings approved a major overhaul to the NYC Construction Code. A few significant changes include:
- Fire protection enhancements, including fire-blocking requirements associated with combustible materials within the exterior wall
- Alignment of periodic inspection of parking structures with NYS codes
- Sustainability and resiliency additions, including expansion of floor protection requirements
The new code goes into effect on November 7, 2022. Join the SOCOTEC team of Code and Envelope experts as they discuss the changes coming into effect and more specifically, the use of combustible materials in exterior walls.
At the end of this webinar, you'll be able to:
- Identify building code requirements governing the use of combustible materials in exterior walls
- Define the concept of fireblocking and how it can be achieved
- Explore examples of fireblocking in cavity walls with foam plastic insulation
- Review the limitations of composite cladding materials featuring combustible components, such as insulated metal panels