ABOUT Gerald Gentry
Mr. Gentry currently serves as a Managing Director at SOCOTEC and has four decades of experience in the construction industry, working with project and program teams, for governmental agencies, state agencies, school districts, utility companies, and private sector clients. Mr. Gentry assists clients with troubled project turnaround, project controls, schedule analyses, and dispute resolution services.
Mr. Gentry has acquired certifications from PMI as a Project Management Professional and possesses advanced skills in various software platforms, including Primavera P6, P3, and Microsoft Project. He focused has career initially on project management and project control services on large and complex design, engineering, manufacturing, and construction projects, and most recently in project advisory engagements including claims and disputed services.
Mr. Gentry has been retained on engagements both domestically and internationally.
5+ Years with Firm | 25+ Years in Industry
Gerald “Gerry” GENTRY is a Managing Director at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2013. Prior to his current position, Mr. GENTRY was a Director at C2G International, LLC which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. GENTRY was previously employed at Camp Dresser McKee (CDM Smith), Sunwest Electric, J.F. Shea Construction, Inc., Sachs Electric, Robinson / General & Electric Contractors, Guy Coons Construction, Inc., and Foust, Inc.
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration - Finance, California State University, SanBernardino
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Project Management Institute
- AACE International
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- Acceleration / Disruption Analysis
- Change Management
- Change Order Analysis, Preparation & Negotiation
- Construction & Project Management
- Cost Performance Indexing
- Delay Causation Analysis
- Dispute Resolution
- Earned Value Analysis
- Preparation & Evaluation of Claims
- Project Advisory
- Project Controls
- Scheduling / Critical Path / Delay Analysis
- Schedule & Contract Management
- Troubled Project Evaluation & Turnaround