About Zachary NORD
Mr. Zachary Nord specializes in the design, testing and construction of exterior building envelope systems. System experience includes various facade types (curtain wall, window wall, masonry, terra cotta, metal panels, brick veneer, and precast concrete) as well as the varying roofing and waterproofing applications (re-roofs, repairs, leak investigations, new roofs, plazas, below-grade) for both new and existing buildings.
In 2016, Mr. Nord became the Director -Southeast Region, heading SOCOTEC’s Miami office and coordinating all efforts there for both new and existing buildings. He also serves as Director of Roofing and Waterproofing, managing a team working on a range of projects varying from complicated to iconic to everything in between. In 2021, Mr. Nord was elevated to Principal.
In his role, Mr. Nord leads design consulting, forensic investigations, supervises shop and site inspections, and monitors laboratory mock-up tests for new ground up construction as well as existing buildings. Additionally, he has experience with exterior envelope-related insurance claim support due to natural disasters, dispute resolution and litigation support.
10+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 15+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
Zachary NORD is a Principal, Director, Southeast Region and Director Roofing & Waterproofing at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2012. Prior to his current position, Mr. NORD was a Director, Southeast Region and Director Roofing & Waterproofing at Vidaris, Inc., formerly Israel Berger & Associates, which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. NORD was previously employed at Ewing Cole and Klingstubbins.
- Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering, Structural Concentration – Drexel University – 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering – Drexel University – 2010
- Building Envelope: New Construction and Existing Buildings
- Roofing & Waterproofing
- Dispute Resolution
- Professional Engineer in: FL, NY
- Certified Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector, 2012
- Certified Masonry Special Inspector, 2010
- World Trade Center Towers 1 and 3, New York, NY
- Building Envelope Consulting and Monitoring for the new 104-story, 3.0M SF and 80-story, 2.5M SF commercial towers.
- Megacenter Brickell, Miami, FL
- Roofing and Waterproofing Consulting and Monitoring for 225,000 SF, 12-story new mixed-use development; includes offices, retail, residential and below-grade parking garage.
- ExxonMobil Corporate Campus, Houston, TX
- Building Envelope Consulting for new 385-acre site that includes 23 office buildings, wellness centers, lab, central plant, and parking garages.
- Cube (230 Northwest 24th Street), Miami, FL
- Courvoisier Centre (501 Brickell Key Drive), Miami, FL
- American Express Headquarters, FL
- City Point Retail Podium, Brooklyn, NY
- Partners Healthcare Campus, Somerville, MA
- Whole Foods, Various Locations
- 240 Park Avenue South, New York, NY
- 250 Park Avenue South, New York, NY
- 450 West 14th Street, New York, NY
- 555 West 59th Street, New York, NY
- 1095 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- 1235 Park Avenue, New York, NY
- Brooklyn Navy Yard, Brooklyn, NY
- Goldtex Building reclad
- Milford Plaza, New York, NY
- One Stamford Forum, Stamford, CT