Slate Hallandale Beach Receives Florida Green Building Coalition v3 High-Rise Residential Gold Certification
The 26-story luxury rental community is paving the way for a sustainable future in Hallandale Beach.
HALLANDALE BEACH, FL. (August 9, 2023) – Slate Hallandale Beach is proud to announce its achievement of the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) v3 High-Rise Residential Gold certification for the luxury rental community located at 101 Diplomat Pkwy, Hallandale Beach, FL. The Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) is dedicated to improving Florida’s built environment through verified green certification standards for homes, land developments, commercial buildings, high rises, and city and county governments. The sustainable building practices implemented in the development prioritize the health and safety of those who call it home, providing a superior living experience while also reducing its environmental footprint. Slate is the only High-Rise Gold certified development in Hallandale Beach and the third in Broward County to have achieved this tremendous achievement.
“Our commitment to responsible building practices is a top priority, and this certification is a testament to that,” said Ari Pearl, founder and CEO of PPG Development. “We recognize the importance of minimizing our development's impact on the environment while prioritizing the health and well-being of our residents. This certification is a major accomplishment for our team as we continue to strive for excellence in South Florida development."
This accomplishment was made possible through Slate’s sustainability commitment to sustainability and Spinnaker Group’s guidance. Spinnaker Group, a division of SOCOTEC USA, is a well-known and respected leader in the green-building industry with a mission to help facilitate the development of the highest quality sustainable building projects.
“We look forward to continuing to collaborate with Slate Hallandale Beach in leading the way as one of the few rental developments that have chosen to go above and beyond to achieve this green building certification,” said Jonathan Burgess from Spinnaker Group. “We are committed to promoting sustainability in South Florida real estate and Slate Hallandale Beach serves as a prime example of our ongoing efforts to achieve this goal.”
The FGBC certification evaluates the technical performance of buildings based on various factors determined by third-party agents. It allows developers to ensure their properties meet climate-specific green building standards and provide verification of performance. This certification not only demonstrates the developer is environmentally responsible but also assures potential renters that they are living within a safe, sustainable property.
To achieve Florida Green Building Coalition v3 High-Rise Residential Gold certification, buildings are evaluated by six categories which include energy efficiency, water efficiency, site, health, materials and disaster migration.
Top green features applicable to Slate Hallandale Beach include:
- Energy Efficiency: Slate Hallandale Beach has implemented significant energy-saving measures, including efficient interior and exterior lighting, HVAC systems, and pump motors, resulting in a 26% savings above the code requirements. These measures have significantly reduced monthly energy bills and demonstrate the development's commitment to sustainability.
- Water Efficiency: The development has taken a sustainable approach to its landscaping by selecting plants that require less water for irrigation, with more than 60% of the plants being drought-tolerant.
- Site: Within a half-mile walking distance from Slate Hallandale Beach are over 15 basic services and multiple bus line routes. This unique location not only provides convenience for residents but also reduces traffic, greenhouse gas emissions, and overall pollution from automobiles. The open space exceeds the Code requirement by 25%, providing residents with ample quality outdoor spaces to enjoy.
- Health: More than 75% of the spaces in the residence have access to exterior views, increasing occupants’ comfort.
- Materials: During the construction of Slate Hallandale Beach, the developers made an effort to use materials that were extracted and manufactured within 700 miles from the project site, which accounts for over 20% of the total materials used. This not only supports the regional economy but also reduces environmental impacts resulting from transportation. Additionally, the property diverted more than 75% of the waste generated during construction from the landfill by recycling it at a sorting facility.
- Disaster Migration: The building has been designed to be safe in case of flood, reducing the potential for flooding and the resulting moisture and mildew problems.
Slate Hallandale Beach, a stunning 26-story high-rise property developed by Ari Pearl’s PPG Development offers a new level of luxury rental living in South Florida. The entire property is thoughtfully curated with design-forward details, showcasing a sophisticated mix of sustainability and contemporary elegance that provides a superior living experience for residents. The building enhances the lifestyle of residents through more than 20,000 square feet of resort-inspired amenities and first-class services in the heart of Hallandale Beach.
For more information about Slate Hallandale Beach, please visit: https://www.liveatslate.com.
About PPG Development
PPG Development is a commercial and residential real estate developer focused on the South Florida market. The PPG Development team prides itself on a visionary approach with a diverse set of capabilities focusing on acquisitions, planning, development, management, operations and financing. We see our role as developers as identifying properties that fit within select investment parameters and planning the development and business strategy from beginning to end. We focus on ground-up and value add development in prime locations in order to maximize our investment returns. The PPG team is involved in all aspects and oversight from the time of purchase to the time of disposition or throughout the operation and execution of the business plan. PPG Development was founded by Ari Pearl who has been successfully involved in over $2 billion in real estate and development projects since 2001.
About Spinnaker Group
Spinnaker Group, A Division of SOCOTEC, who employs over 400 professionals in more than 20 offices in the U.S., is an industry leader in the building and infrastructure sectors, offering the combined highly technical expertise of an expansive and holistic network of experts across six service lines: (i) Building Envelope; (ii) Energy & Sustainability; (iii) Code & Planning; (iv) Project Advisory; (v) Dispute Resolution; and (vi) Specialty Engineering. SOCOTEC Group, a leader in construction inspection and a major player in TIC for the construction and infrastructure sectors, the SOCOTEC Group has 200,000 clients with operations in 26 countries, 11,300 employees and over 250 external recognitions. For more information, visit: www.socotec.us