About Amaya BLEIMAN
Ms. Bleiman is a Principal at SOCOTEC with over 16 years of directly related hands-on industry experience. She earned a BS in Applied Physics from SUNY Binghamton, and an M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan. Ms. Bleiman’s technical experience includes root cause failure analysis in the semiconductor industry, and advanced structural analysis in the aerospace industry. She has been with SOCOTEC since 2009, with primary focus on performing Fitness-for-Service assessments, Failure & Advanced Analysis, and Nondestructive Engineering monitoring and measurement techniques.
Ms. Bleiman oversees SOCOTEC’s Brooklyn testing facility and NDE groups within SOCOTEC, managing large scale installations and custom test setups for clients across various industries such as, infrastructure, maritime, and construction.
10+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 15+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
Amaya BLEIMAN is a Principal at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2009 including her time at LPI, Inc. which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Ms. BLEIMAN was previously employed at AMETEK Hughes-Treitler.
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering –University of Michigan –2004
- B.S., Applied Physics –State University of NY –2000
- Failure Analysis
- Fitness for Service
- Nondestructive Engineering
- Specialty Engineering
- Advanced Analysis
- 2003 Scholar Power Award for academic excellence
- 1998 ASME Freshman Design Competition –Designed and built working model, awarded third place
- Professional Women in Construction (PWC) –Member
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) -Member
- FFS and Fatigue Assessment on the Tappan Zee Bridge Cable Anchor Pipes, New York
- Root Cause and Fitness-for-Service Assessments of Fractured Girders –Salesforce Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco
- Root Cause and Fitness-for-Service Assessments of Fractured Girder –SoNoMall, Norwalk, CT
- FFS and Fatigue Life Assessment of AMTRAK AmFleetRailcars
- FFS and Fatigue Life Assessment of NOVA Bus Articulating Buses for NYCT
- Instrumentation and Monitoring of Construction at the WTC Transit Hub
- FFS and Fatigue Life Assessment of Paratransit Buses for NYCT