About Jim HIGHFILL
Mr. Highfill has over forty years of continuous construction industry experience, including forensic disputes/litigation support, trusted advisor oversight/risk management of active projects, and direct employment with major general contractors. Mr. Highfill has been retained to provide consulting and testifying expert services for major construction projects and possesses a deep understanding and full appreciation of the critical issues of effective communication, organization, and efficient data management in the management of large, complex schedules.
Mr. Highfill’s responsibilities have encompassed a wide variety of construction management and claims analysis services including:
- Project record evaluation and analysis
- Evaluation of project delay and impact, analysis of resources and productivity
- Quantification of damages, forward scheduling, cost and time evaluations, conceptual estimating, and extensive “hands-on” CPM scheduling.
10+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 40+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
Jim HIGHFILL is a Managing Director at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2010. Prior to his current position, Mr. HIGHFILL was a Vice President at David Pattillo & Associates, LLC which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. HIGHFILL was previously employed at Navigant Consulting, Inc., A.W. Hutchison & Associates, LLC, Guy F. Atkinson Company, Dillingham Corporation, and J.A. Jones / Metric Construction.
- Bachelor of Science – Civil Engineering–North Carolina State University -1981
- College of Scheduling – Project Management Institute
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- CPM Schedule Delay Analysis
- Commercial Disputes
- Delay Causation Analysis
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Labor Productivity Analysis
- Litigation Support
- Quantification of Damages