About Michael FOX
Michael Fox is a Managing Director at SOCOTEC Advisory and is based in the metropolitan D.C. area. For over twenty years, Mr. Fox has provided consulting services in the areas of Project / program scheduling and estimating, change management and litigation support to attorneys, owners, and contractors. Mr. Fox has extensive experience in the construction industry in a wide variety of disciplines covering a broad spectrum of projects, including Highways, Bridges, Hospitals, Wastewater, Power Generation, Petro-Chemical, Military Installations, Correction Facilities, Data Center Facilities, and Gaming.
Mr. Fox specializes in the areas of CPM scheduling, construction management, contract administration and labor productivity. He is a certified Planning and Scheduling Professional (“PSP”) and has prepared baseline schedules and progress updates as well as prepared claims for schedule delays, labor productivity impacts and associated costs. He has been involved in the proper application of project management principles in the areas of change order analysis, risk management and labor productivity. Mr. Fox has hands-on construction experience which gives him a comprehensive perspective into construction projects and the issues that most often impact projects.
5+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 20+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
Michael FOX is a Managing Director at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2015. Prior to his current position, Mr. FOX was a Senior Consultant at Construction Project Analytics Group, LLC which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. FOX was previously employed at Berkeley Research Group, FTI Consulting, Inc., Brower, Kriz & Stynchomb, Michael Baker, Jr., Inc., Manganaro Corporation, and SCE & Associates, Inc.
- B.S. Civil Engineering - Lehigh University
- B.S. Geological Sciences - Lehigh University
- Certified Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) – AACEI
- Construction & Project Management
- Risk Analysis
- Project Controls
- Scheduling / Critical Path / Delay Analysis
- Acceleration / Disruption Analysis
- Productivity Analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Change Management
- Engineering / Procurement / Construction
- Damages Calculation
- Construction Practices & Safety
- Technical Report Writing
- Dispute Resolution
- Project Advisory
- Preparation & Evaluation of Claims
- Terminal B Replacement Project at the LaGuardia Airport (LGA) New York City ($4B PPP)
- Responsible for the schedule development and updating of all roads /bridges and site utilities. Once the schedule for the heavy civil infrastructure scope was sufficiently developed, role transitioned into commercial claim support including review of and response to subcontractor and supplier claims and development of time impact claims on behalf of the Design-Build joint venture.
- Westfield Century City ($600M Retail Complex in Beverly Hills, CA)
- Developed and maintained the Project schedule for the Owner in support of a state-of-the-art retail facility with significant commercial consequences with respect to the timing of phased openings between the Owner and the various anchor tenants.
- Student Housing at Texas Tech University, various buildings at Morgan State University, a hospital for the University of California San Diego and a laboratory facility at the University of Maryland - Developed baseline CPM schedules for projects ranging in scale from $10M to $500M