About Wayne LAWSON
Wayne Lawson is a licensed structural engineer and has been acting as both design engineer and project manager on municipal construction projects for over 38 years; projects have spanned the full project life cycle from pre-design and planning, design, construction to commissioning and closeout phases. His extensive engineering experience which includes studying, evaluating, and designing intricate structural systems has given him the ability to view a project comprehensively, considering all of the factors.
With the increasing complexities of the design and construction landscape, Mr. Lawson brings a practicality to his Project Management approach that balances multiple priorities including budget, schedule, code requirements, sustainability objectives and asset endurance.
Mr. Lawson's project experience includes public-sector, institutional, educational, industrial, commercial, and residential projects. As a registered Professional Engineer, his first priority is always public safety, but his goal is to provide the most cost-effective solutions for clients while responding to their needs.
35+ Years with Firm | 40+ Years in Industry
Wayne LAWSON is a Principal at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 1984. Prior to his current position, Mr. LAWSON was a Principal at CBI Consulting which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019.
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering – University of Massachusetts – 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering – Worcester Polytechnic Institute - 1983
- Owner’s Project Manager
- Concrete Restoration
- Building Envelope
- Historic Restoration
- Massachusetts Professional Engineer #35102
- Registered Engineer in: CT, FL, KS, ME, NH, NY, PA, RI, VT
- American Concrete Institute
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Chi Epsilon National Engineering Honor Society
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- National Fire Protection Association
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
- Boston Association of Structural Engineers
- Structural Engineering Association of Massachusetts
- Certificate Holder National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- US Green Building Council