Expert Witness / Diligence
Drawing from our depth, our forward-thinking expert professionals and our business groups, SOCOTEC provides unparalleled investigatory consulting, litigation support and experts, testing, and solution-based consulting for:
- Water Infiltration
- Excessive Air Infiltration causing Drafts and Discomfort
- Unwanted Condensation
- Glass Breakage
- Cladding deterioration and debonding
- Structural Failure of Facades
- Façade and Building Envelope Issues (Defects, Nonconformance, System Incompatibility, Delay)
- Code Compliance
- Roofing and Waterproofing Issues
- Building System Failures
- Vibration Analysis and Monitoring
- Storm and Lightning Damage
- Industrial Hygiene
- Bridges and Roadways
- Stress and Structural Monitoring and Analysis
- Thermal Hydraulics
- Fracture Mechanics, Corrosion, and Creep
- Fatigue and Failure Analysis
- Residual Stress Detection and Analysis
The SOCOTEC team is comprised of pioneers in the façade segment of the construction and real estate ecosystems. Our experienced roster includes façade, roofing and waterproofing, restoration, special inspection, code advisory, and forensic consultants, architects, mechanical, civil and structural engineers, and construction professionals.
By offering a constellation of services that spans the entire project lifecycle (from design through dispute resolution), we are widely recognized as the go-to experts to help resolve complex disputes.
SOCOTEC is a multi-dimensional organization. Our business groups are often engaged, at the beginning of the most complex and largest projects worldwide. Since much of our service offerings are in new construction, we integrate our approach to investigatory consulting and dispute resolution by having the ability to not only identify and opine on issues, but develop real time, cost effective, pragmatic, and unique solutions to complex façade, water infiltration, and code compliance problems taking schedule, cost, design, and constructability into consideration.
Our claims experience includes projects that range in value from a few thousand dollars to over a billion. We have hands-on experience with all types of contracts, in all industry sectors, and with all recognized claim entitlements. We have testified to matters involving all industry sectors, all types of contracts, and all generally recognized entitlement and damages theories.
Should we be directed by the client or clients’ counsel, we can perform the following services:
- Design and Code Review
- Technical Investigation
- Laboratory Testing and Analysis
- Fact and Opinion Expert Reports
- Expert Testimony
- Solution Criteria
Talk to our experts
SOCOTEC performs building envelope reviews for clients in anticipation of the purchase or investment of a building. We understand the nature of this due diligence review and the need for a careful and timely assessment. The thoroughness of our review of current building envelope conditions and our evaluation of future maintenance issues associated with the building’s envelope, façade, windows or roofing systems are important factors in the client’s decision-making process.
Our Due Diligence services include:
- Assessment (Specific or Comprehensive)
- Assist in go/no-go decision-making process
- High level issue identification
- Repositioning Consulting/Opportunities