About Kenneth MONSON
Mr. Monson is a Principal in SOCOTEC Houston office with more than 30 years of experience in construction project management and consulting. His expertise includes project management and project oversight, mitigation of project risk, contract administration, schedule analysis, construction cost analysis and forecasting, and dispute resolution. Mr. Monson has a demonstrated ability to quickly assess and understand the risks encountered by various stakeholders in a construction project or construction dispute, and to perform the relevant analyses and investigations necessary to provide his clients with accurate, meaningful information to improve their decision-making.
Mr. Monson has worked with owners, developers, investors, government authorities, sureties, contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and end users on a wide variety of projects domestically and internationally, including, oil and gas pipelines, storage facilities, and processing facilities, power plants, manufacturing facilities, commercial and residential buildings, highways, rail projects, and public works projects, stadiums and arenas, hospitals, universities, museums, military installations, airports, and theme parks.
Mr. Monson has provided project advisory services to clients on ongoing construction projects, which can include monitoring progress and resource usage, reviewing Contractor invoices for contract compliance, measuring productivity, change order review and/or negotiation, cost and schedule forecasting, asset disposition, and assistance with contract close-out. He has prepared and critiqued construction claims, assisted sureties in project investigations and termination decisions, developed and reviewed recovery schedules and acceleration costs on delayed projects, and monitored the completion of construction projects for completing sureties and lenders. Mr. Monson has provided expert testimony on schedule and cost issues in various State and Federal courts as well as AAA and ICC arbitration proceedings.
15+ Years with Firm | 30+ Years in Industry
Kenneth MONSON is a Principal at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2003. Prior to his current position, Mr. MONSON was a Senior Vice President at Veritas Advisory Group, Inc which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. MONSON was previously employed at The Barrington Consulting Group, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Navigant Consulting, Henry Construction, Northland Investment Corp., and Turner Construction Co. Inc.
- Master of Business Administration - Duke University, Fuqua School of Business - 1995
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering - University of Minnesota, Institute of Technology - 1984
- Certified Construction Auditor (CCA)
- Construction Controls Professional (CCP)
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Project Management Institute
- Project Management College of Scheduling
- National Association of Construction Auditors
- Society of Construction Law (UK)
- Dallas / Fort Worth Construction News, July 2007, "Don't Let the Government Determine Your Equipment Cost Recovery"
- Project Advisory
- Project Risk Analysis
- Cost and Cash Flow Budgeting & Monitoring
- Troubled Project Evaluation & Turnaround
- Dispute Resolution
- CPM Schedule Delay Analysis
- Change Order Analysis, Preparation & Negotiation
- Labor Productivity Analysis
- Quantification of Damages
- Expert Witness Testimony
Areas of Expertise
- Project Management and Project Oversight
- Mitigation of Project Risk
- Contract Administration
- Schedule Analysis
- Construction Cost Analysis and Forecasting
- Dispute Resolution
- Mr. Monson has provided expert testimony on schedule and cost issues in various State and Federal courts as well as AAA and ICC arbitration proceedings.