Engineering Design Consulting
Ensuring Design Integrity
SOCOTEC’s Specialty Engineering Group provides creative, cost-effective design solutions in a multitude of industries. We know that the best designs start with a complete understanding of our client’s needs. Our objective is to translate these needs into designs that efficiently achieve operational goals and longevity requirements. Our multidiscipline team of engineers from across our five service areas has developed state-of-the-art parts, equipment, systems and facilities for power generation, industry and infrastructure.
SOCOTEC designs encompass a broad range of sizes and scales—from re-engineered replacement parts for a piece of equipment to multi-acre facilities. Our designs have included mechanical, civil/structural, electrical and I&C components and systems. Some of the skills that we utilize include expertise in
- Components and systems—mechanical, electrical, structural
- Code and regulatory requirements—industry codes (AISC, ACI, AWS, AASHTO, NFP), local codes (building codes, IBC, IEC), Code of Federal Regulations
- Use of design systems, including CADD, 3-D modelling and BIM
- Materials selection, performance and aging
- Advanced analytical methods and tools
- Laboratory testing and simulation
Our staff includes fourteen professional engineers with licenses in fifteen states. We can provide engineering support for client designs and concepts, as well as engineering reviews and design certifications. After development of a final design, SOCOTEC engineers provide follow-up through construction/installation support, commissioning, testing and verification, maintenance support and training.