About John AMATRUDA
John Amatruda has over 35 years of professional experience. As the leader of SOCOTEC’s Green Services department, he specializes in environmentally conscious design and the evaluation of “green” materials and systems. He has worked as a consultant on over 150 LEED projects nationwide and internationally, using all variations of the LEED commercial program.
He also has authored a number of green building studies and publications, including the GSA LEED Cost Study for the US General Services Administration, the NYC Department of Buildings’ Energy Code Compliance Study, and the Green Material Selection Guidelines for the web-based Whole Building Design Guide.
Mr. Amatruda has been a LEED Accredited Professional since 2001, and was the first LEED AP registered in the State of Connecticut. He was also one of the first 30 faculty members hired by the USGBC, and was named a LEED Fellow in 2013.
He is also accredited as an Assessor under the United Kingdom’s BREEAM green building rating system for both New Construction and In-Use (Existing Buildings).
16 YEARS WITH FIRM | 37 YEARS IN INDUSTRY
John AMATRUDA is a Principal at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2006. Prior to his current position, Mr. AMATRUDA was a Principal at Vidaris, Inc., formerly Viridian Energy & Environmental, which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. AMATRUDA was previously employed at Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Cum Laude – Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute – 1985
- Sustainability: LEED, BREEAM
- Wellness: WELL, fitwel, Viral Response Certifications, IAQ/Advanced Materials Consulting
- Registered Architect in: CT, NY
- BREEAM USA In-Use Assessor
- BREEAM International New Construction Assessor
- LEED Fellow
- Health Product Declaration Collaborative, Board Member
- USGBC LEED Faculty
- Project Manager for the NYC DOB, “Energy Code Compliance Study” and Training Modules, 2011 - 2012
- Project Manager for the UN Sustainable Building Guidelines, 2006
- Project Manager for the U.S. General Service Administration’s “LEED Cost Study,” with Skanska, 2004
- New Exemplary Headquarters, New York, NY, very low energy, green
- United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY, LEED Gold Equivalent
- Major Corporation Headquarters, New York, NY, LEED NC Gold
- Bank of America, New York, NY, LEED CS Platinum, LEED CI Gold, NYS Green Building Credit
- One Vanderbilt, New York, NY; LEED v4Gold, WELL Gold
- Discovery World Headquarters, New York, NY, LEED Silver and WELL Platinum
- 30 Hudson Yards, New York, NY, LEED Gold
- 599 Putnam, Greenwich, CT, LEED NC Platinum
- Manhattan West Office Tower, New York, NY, LEED CS
- Hudson Yards Tower A, New York, NY, LEED Gold
- WarnerMedia Headquarters, New York, NY, WELL Gold
- Hudson Yards Retail Podium, New York, NY
- IKEA Retail, Goyang, South Korea
- The Italcementi Center of Research and Innovation, Bergamo, Italy, LEED Platinum
- 250 West 55th Street Tower, LEED CS Gold
- 11 Times Square, LEED CS Gold
- IKEA Distribution Center, Yatomi, Japan, BREEAM Very Good