One Manhattan West
Project name: ONE MANHATTAN WEST
Date: Started 2013, Completed 2020
Client: Brookfield Properties
Size: 2.1 Million ft²
Location: New York, New York, U.S.A.
Sustainability Rating: LEED CS Gold
Talk to our experts
This 67-story, Class-A office tower is 2.1 million square feet with 100,000 sf of retail space on the first two floors. The building’s ascension style is inside first and outside curtain wall second. SOCOTEC consulted on the building envelope as well as monitored the construction on site. SOCOTEC also performed THERM modeling to provide advice on the design of the lobby envelope.
Working in concert with the design and development team, SOCOTEC’ energy efficiency consulting yielded significant energy cost savings, including these measures:
- A 1000-kW co-generation plant with heat recovered for service hot water and space heating
- Condensate heat recovery from steam
- High-efficiency DX equipment with waterside economizer
- Daylight dimming in lobby and amenity areas
Sustainability consulting supported, among others, these design features:
- Water-efficient landscaping including rainwater capture to reduce runoff by 25% compared to the preconstruction baseline
- Measurement & verification for the base building
- LEED Gold precertification
- Campus strategy for maximum open space
- Significant water use reduction
As part of this effort, SOCOTEC provided detailed daylight and glare analysis. NYSERDA has co-funded SOCOTEC’ consulting and provided hard-cost incentives as well.