About Andrew GRACEFFA
Andrew Graceffa has over 20 years of professional experience working on numerous cultural institutions, multi-family residential buildings, commercial interiors, schools, and large urban developments. As an architect and experienced project manager, he specializes in practical application of environmentally-conscious & net-zero design approaches and advanced materials research.
As Principal, he comanages a team of 25+ leading Energy and Sustainability professionals and continues SOCOTEC’s longstanding client relationships while progressing growth into the rapidly expanding sectors of existing & new building decarbonization and geographical markets.
He has been a LEED Accredited Professional BD+C for 16+ years, is a Fitwel Ambassador, an accredited Green Globes Professional, and a Certified Passive House Consultant in addition to being a Registered Architect.
Through Andy’s experience in delivering well-designed, well-coordinated and detailed projects, he is able to bring a collaborative approach to the sustainable design and building process, help realize a client’s sustainability objectives, and a focus on the continuously changing sustainability landscape.
10+ YEARS WITH FIRM | 20+ YEARS IN INDUSTRY
Andrew GRACEFFA is a Principal and the Director, Energy Services at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2007. Prior to his current position, Mr. GRACEFFA was a Director of Energy Services at Vidaris, Inc. & formerly Viridian Energy & Environmental which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. GRACEFFA was previously employed at JLL PDS, Mark Finlay Architects and OKW Architects.
- Bachelor of Architecture – University of Notre Dame – 2001
- Registered Architect: CT
- LEED Accredited Professional BD+C, 2004
- Fitwel Ambassador, 2021
- Green Globes Professional (GGP), Green Building Institute, 2009
- Certified Passive House Consultant (CPHC), 2015
- United States Green Building Council
- CT Green Building Council
- Passive House Alliance US (PHAUS)
- Fairfield Strategic Planning Committee
- Fairfield Bike/Walk Coalition, former Chair
- Fairfield Bike/Pedestrian Advisory Committee, former Chair
- Penfield Pavilion Restoration Committee, Fairfield, CT
- Sustainability: LEED, fitwel, Passive House
- Wellness: WELL, fitwel, Viral Response Certifications, IAQ/Advanced Materials Consulting
- 10, 30 and 55 Hudson Yards, New York, NY, LEED Platinum, Gold and Silver respectively
- Brooklyn Navy Yards, Pier 72, LEED Silver
- Prudential, NJ, LEED ND Certified
- SAP America, New York, NY, LEED CI Gold
- Google Interior Fitout, New York, NY, LEED CI Silver
- 599 Lexington Ave, 16th Floor, LEED CI Gold
RESIDENTIAL & HOSPITALITY
- 261 Hudson Street, New York, NY, LEED NC Gold
- 460 Washington, New York, NY, LEED Gold
- 520 28th Street, New York, NY, LEED Silver
- Abington House, New York, NY, LEED Gold
- Hallets Point North and South Towers, New York, NY,
- Enterprise Green Communities
- Queens Plaza Park, Queens, NY, LEED v4 Platinum Pursued
- Riverwalk 8, New York, NY, LEED Gold