About Tod SOMERVILLE
Mr. Somerville is a Senior Principal with SOCOTEC. He has been involved with the construction industry since 1986, with experience encompassing various aspects of architecture, construction, and project management. His architectural and construction-related experience involves projects worldwide and includes low-rise, high-rise, commercial, residential, institutional, hospitals, hotels, resorts, casinos, government, infrastructure, and industrial projects.
Mr. Somerville’s background and experience in both design and construction have allowed him to qualify and testify as an expert in scheduling and delay analysis, as well as estimating, construction management, and architectural standard of care.
10+ Years with Firm | 35+ Years in Industry
Tod SOMERVILLE is a Senior Principal at SOCOTEC and has held various other positions within the organization since 2012. Prior to his current position, Mr. SOMERVILLE was a Principal at C2G International, LLC which was acquired by SOCOTEC in 2019. Mr. SOMERVILLE was previously employed at Construction Management Services Company, LLC, Navigant Consulting, Inc., A.W. Hutchison & Associates, LLC, DEC Architectural Composites, Richard Dell Architects, and Kamnzer & Cotton Architects.
- Bachelor Degree of Architecture California State Polytechnic University of Pomona
- AIA Continuing Education
- MAP – Management Action Program
- Foothill Fire Academy – Class 7
- Registered Architect:
- California - #C 23323
- Hawaii - #AR 12437
- Arizona - #46452
- Texas - #20353
- NCARB – Board Certified Architect
- Disaster Services Worker for California State OES, specialty in Post-earthquake damage assessment for low-rise buildings
- Firefighter I Certificate, California State Fire Marshal
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), Member (#30110634)
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) Certificate No. 62,209
- Construction Owners Association of America (COAA), Associate Member (not current)
Publications, Presentations & Awards
- “AIA Contracts and Architectural Composites”, Composites Fabrication Magazine, Volume 14, Number 3, (March 1998).
- “Composites in Construction”, Presentation to Building Officials of Clark County Nevada and the Fire Prevention Division for the City of Henderson, Nevada.
- “Themed Entertainment Association Thea Awards”, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge; Subcontractor Acknowledgement; DEC Associates, Tod Somerville – Director of Operations